A chocolate treat for sharing or giving as a gift
- Sweet cases
- 100 grams plain chocolate or vegan chocolate
- 1-2 tablespoons orange juice
- 40 grams butter or plant based spread
- 50 grams icing sugar
- 50 grams ground almonds
- rum or rum essence
- 2-4 tablespoons plain chocolate strands or vegan chocolate
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan of water on the cooker. Or melt it in the microwave but take care not to overcook it or it will go 'grainy'.
- Stir in the butter or plant based spread and the orange juice. Wait until the fat has melted into the chocolate.
- Sieve the icing sugar and stir into the chocolate.
- Stir in the almonds.
- Add rum or rum essence to taste.
- Leave in the fridge until firm enough to handle.
- Roll into 16 balls, and cover with chocolate strands or icing sugar.
- Place the balls into sweet cases.
To coat the balls in chocolate strands, tip 2 tablespoons of the strands into a shallow bowl and roll the balls about until they are covered. Use the same method to coat in icing sugar.