Rhubarb and Vanilla Smoothie
Rhubarb and vanilla smoothie 2
A healthy start to the day – or a drink for anytime of day
- 500 grams Rhubarb
- 130 grams Caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 500 ml Whole milk or plant based milk i.e oat, soy, almond
- 250 grams Plain yogurt or plant based i.e soy
- Cut the rhubarb into 1cm chunks, and put into a pan with the sugar and about 200 ml water.
- Add the vanilla to the pan, cover and cook for about 10 minutes until the rhubarb has broken down.
- Stir the mixture and leave to cool.
- Blitz the mixture in a blender with the milk, yoghurt and ice if required.
The preparation time includes time for the cooked rhubarb to cool down before finishing the smoothie.