Tasty Tomato Pizza Recipe
Tasty Tomato Pizza
A super simple and fun Pizza to make with kids. This is an excellent recipe to get creative with, you can simply add different vegetables, herbs and seasoning.
- 250 g Pizza dough
- 200 g Tinned chopped tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp Tomato puree
- 1 Tbsp Vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup Sliced tomatoes
- 1/2 handful Basil leaves
- 1/2 handful Rocket leaves
- 50 g Cheddar cheese or mozzarella
- Harvest your tomatoes, spinach and basil
- Lightly grease baking tray with vegetable oil
- Grate the cheese or slice the mozzarella thinly
- Mash the chopped tomatoes and mix in the tomato puree to thicken the mixture
- Slice the tomatoes
- Pre-heat oven to 200C/180C fan, gas mark 6
- Sprinkle a spoonful of flour onto the work surface
- Roll the pizza dough to the required size and depth
- Place onto baking tray
- Spread the tomato mixture evenly over the pizza base
- Evenly spread the cheese on the pizza
- Add sliced tomatoes (and any other toppings you are using)
- Leave for 10 minutes for the dough to continue rising
- Place in the oven at 180 degrees for 15 minutes until golden
- Remove from oven and top with the basil and rocket leaves
- You can add any other toppings. If you have peppers, courgettes, onions ready for harvesting, these will taste amazing added to the pizza, just remember to thinly slice them and add at the same stage as the sliced tomatoes.
- You can also use ready made pizza bases if you would rather not use pizza dough.
- For a plant based option, simply swap out the cheese and add more vegetables!