We are excited to host our first Wellness Day in our beautiful Shipley Woodside Community Garden. We can’t think of a better way to spend a Sunday in Summer than being outside, surrounded by nature, taking time out of our busy lives to relax our bodies and minds.
The sessions will start at 10 am but we ask people to arrive from 9.30 am to allow time for introductions, welcome drink and to book any massage and / or reiki treatments.
Schedule for the day:
10 – 11 – Gentle Stretching and Breathing – led by Jaimie
11.10 – 12.10 – Ecstatic Dance* – led by Gemma
12.15 – 1.25 – Lunch (plant based and refreshments)
1.30 – 2.00 – QiGong – led by Christina
2.10 – 3.00 – Freeze, Fight, Flight, Fawn, Flop or Calm – led by Fran
3.10 –3.40 – Love Your Body Relaxation Practice – led by Jaime
3.40 – 4.00 – Closing
In our 2 Teepees throughout the day will be the wonderful Lisa, Weleda Advisor offering hand and neck massages with Weleda products and Christina offering Reiki treatments, allowing flexibility to book a treatment or two over the lunch period or instead of a scheduled session.
Important (please read)
- This event is outdoors. If the weather is poor, we will postpone to another day and you will have the choice to receive a full refund or hold your booking to the postponed date. If the decision has to be made to postpone we will endeavour to communicate this 48 hours in advance.
- Please wear loose fitting and comfortable clothing. As the event is outdoors, please think about bringing layers, blanket, a hat and sunscreen.
- If you would prefer to use a mat rather than sitting/laying on the grass, please bring this with you. We do have a couple which can be borrowed on the day.
- We will be encouraging people to leave mobile phones on silent and in bags for the day to encourage presence.
- Remember your own mug and water bottle and help us save on the washing up!
- There will be toilet facilities, this is a compost toilet – we promise it isn’t as bad as it sounds!
- There is limited parking on site, which is reserved for those with mobility difficulties. Please let us know if you require parking on site. Alternatively there is parking at Pit Lane (a 5 minute walk) or further up on the road where the Community Garden is but we ask that you are considerate of the residents when parking.
- This will be a small, intimate group with only 10 places available. We do plan to hold more Wellness Days so if you are unlucky on this occasion, we can add you to our waiting list for the next event which means you will get priority booking.
* Ecstatic Dance
Ecstatic dance is a free form dance practice and takes place using provided sanitised noise cancelling headphones. It is a conscious practice embracing mindfulness. Further details will be provided on booking.