Wildlife Family Fun Day
Come and join us at the Community Garden for some hands-on activities to help improve understanding of how to support our native wildlife.
Derbyshire Wildlife Trust will be attending running activities to get involved in.
Russells Prickly Hedgehog Rescue and Mid Derbyshire Badger Group attending.
Just some of the activities planned are as follows:
- Make pine cone bird feeders to help our feathered friends
- Hammer together a creature house kit and make a home for insects
- Get mucky with our clay and make wildflower seed bombs
- Have a look at what lurks in our ponds and be amazed
- Have a look at our bees and find out what they need to produce honey
- Identify our live moths trapped the night before
- Learn about the best plants to support our pollinators all year round
- Start a dead hedge to make a wildlife corridor for hedgehogs and mice.
- Make a paper butterfly to decorate your home
- Help build our bug hotel
Refreshments and cakes available. Please bring a reusable cup/mug!
We will have crafts for sale and the children’s natural play area set up.
Compost Toilet will be open.
How to find us:
We are in between Pit Lane and Long Lane (MFN), look out for our signs! If travelling by car, there is parking along the road and nearby. There is also a bus stop right outside the entrance to the Garden and Bicycle stand on site.